- Brand Name:Guinness
- Location: San Francisco, California 94101
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Promotional Agency
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Beer
- Employment Type: Temporary
- Reports to: Account Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
We are seeking a Temporary Beer Sales Representative for our San Francisco territory. The ideal candidate will have passion for beer! This is a fun, relationship-driven business that requires sales ability, dedication and exceptional servicing skills.
January - September 2017
Representative works autonomously to ensure the successful sale, volume growth and distribution of the Guinness portfolio in current market area accounts throughout the assigned territory. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing on-premise accounts through customer relations, quality control, proper merchandising and promotions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for forming relationships with on-premise accounts and increasing sales and distribution of our products.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Responsible for 100 core accounts
- Establish and maintain a regular weekly schedule of account appointments including sales calls, and work-withs and distributor meetings
- Product sell-in, brand education, quality control, product placements, presentation new account openings and key contacts
- Work closely with local brand representative to achieve goals
- Aggressively pursue new opportunities for on-premise distribution
- Impact local market to increase volume sold within target accounts
- Collaborate with distributor to ensure proper product inventory is present
- Develop and maintain effective account relationships
- Grow brand presence within existing accounts
- Understand negotiating tactics and variations within channels
- Achieve weekly/monthly goals and sales quotas
- Implement quality control practices at on-premise accounts based on training and brand standards
- Maintain proper brand positioning to standard
- Execute POS programs to standard
- Ensure maintenance and usage of POS
- Ensure compliance of all alcoholic beverage regulations
- Assist in executing impactful promotions and educational presentations, both independently and with team members, at on-premise accounts
TRAINING + KNOWLEDGE:
- Diageo brand/product(s)
- Romancing beers to include ingredients and pairings
- Brewing process, history, quality and current trends
- Utilize on-line database to track all territory progress
- Complete administrative tasks within outlined deadlines
- Maintain open communication with field and HQ
- Execute roles and responsibilities within allocated budget
- Keep necessary backup for monthly reconciliation
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must be 21 years or older
- 0-2 years demonstrated sales experience, preferably of beers, wines and spirits
- Previous retail, on-premise, or off-premise work experience is a plus
- Bartender, Waitress, Bar Management, etc.
- Base salary with incentive opportunities
Please note this job description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet the changing needs of the business.
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, current employment status or protected veteran status.
- Must live in assigned territory
- Must be an active listener – understanding your account’s goals can only be achieved by listening to their needs and fulfilling those needs
- Must have strong oral communication skills – ability to talk to others to convey information effectively
- Must have strong persuasion skills – ability to influence through superior brand and product knowledge
- Must be computer literate – proficient in Microsoft office, with the ability to utilize company-provided communication systems and devices
- Must have valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle with clean driving record/background check
- Must use own car or public transportation to travel to and from accounts
- Must be able to lift and move cases of product frequently
- Must be able to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, as needed
about Inspira Marketing Group
We are a consumer engagement agency that
expertly activates Brands at the exact moment of need, desire, and passion.
We don’t just act, we activate – delivering carefully researched, quality crafted experiential campaigns that are custom fit to the essence of the brand promise and, most importantly its target audience, at just the right time and place.
Inspira is evolving the successful approach to experiential marketing by:
- Going Beyond the Demographics
- We develop a richer and more robust understanding of our targeted consumer by moving beyond typical demographics to deep-dive, get-your-feet-on-the-ground-and-your-hands-dirty ethnographics that position us within the target audience so that we can effectively and efficiently usher the brand into perfect position.
- Turning Insights into Action
- We create meaningful and memorable engagements by drawing on these ethnographies, as well as a database of the outcomes of tens-of-thousands of consumer interactions and carefully curated exit interviews, and through real-time strategic assessments and informed tactical adjustments.
- Offering a Real Return on Investment Brand activation is more than measuring foot traffic and samples distributed. We look at an aggregation of Reach, Impact, and ROI through a proprietary process the produces real numbers and a real advantage. Inspira is leading the way by committing to an investment in measuring real returns so our clients can enjoy the maximum return on investment.