- Brand Name:Balcones
- Location: New York City, New York 10028
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Other
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Next Level Program Director
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Base Pay: Neg
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
POSITION: Balcones Distilling D.R.A.M. – (Distributor & Retail Account Manager)
LOCATIONS: New York, NY
REPORTS TO: Next Level Program Director
BALCONES DISTILLING COMPANY SUMMARY
Balcones Distilling is the Original Texas Whisky and proud producer of 10+ unique, award-winning whiskies and spirits. The company is committed to producing high quality, handcrafted spirits in their state-of-the-art distillery in Waco, TX.
NEXT LEVEL MARKETING COMPANY SUMMARY
Next Level Marketing is widely recognized as one of the beverage industry’s leading brand activation agencies. We operate nationally to build premium brands with our team of experienced and passionate beverage professionals specializing in Brand Ambassador Programs, Consumer Sampling Programs, Special Events and Consulting Services.
We are looking for a very specific individual. A person who matches our consumer profile – both demographically and attitudinally – an ‘early adopter’ who is a bit of a non-conformist with a charisma & confidence that engages & inspires others. They are an opinion leader, who sees & embraces emerging trends and enjoys sharing their learnings with others both in person and via social media.
They are passionate about the trajectory of the craft community, not only in terms of knowing & frequenting the niche supporters but also knowing the influential bartenders & mixologist throughout the market.
They will have a curiosity and passion to learn about all aspects of the Balcones Distilling story (culture, production, brand history, etc) and can clearly articulate those brand qualities to everyone from retailers to a group of people he runs into at an account.
They will have infectious energy while presenting the brands to the distributor, bartender & wait staff, and engaging with consumers in the trade.
First & foremost, this person will be the face of Balcones Distilling in the marketplace. He will eat/sleep/drink the brand at all times and will conduct himself in a professional manner fully consistent with the brand positioning and Balcones Distilling’s corporate mandate to be socially responsible in all our activities. Specific job responsibilities include:
· Drive brand sales
· Drive brand awareness & educate distributor salesforce on the Balcones Distilling brands
· Develop strong relationships with each of the target accounts (on & off-trade).
· Drive brand visibility in the target accounts through drink menu/bottle placements.
· Conduct frequent bartender & wait staff trainings in each of the accounts.
· Engage consumers within each of the accounts through liquid-to-lips sampling.
· Participate in relevant industry/whisky events in assigned market (Whisky Live, Whisky Fest, etc.)
· Conduct frequent in-store demos & tastings (in accordance with legal regulations) in select off-trade accounts.
· Identify & execute other opportunities to engage with target consumers outside of the accounts (i.e. private parties, happy hours @ Buzzfeed offices, at-home seminars, etc).
· Regularly promote & amplify activities through various social media platforms and create a ‘word of mouth’ network with key social influencers, local press/media & bartenders.
· Develop & publish weekly activity & results reports (account visits, staff trainings, covert sampling activities, menu listings, etc) as well as complete & fully documented budget/T&E reporting.
PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS MEASURES
· The Balcones Distilling D.R.A.M. will know they are successful when the Balcones Distilling brands have strong & sustained visibility in each of the target accounts, the endorsement of key bartenders, select retailers & influencers in the market that leads to growing ‘velocity’ of the brand (sales volumes & social media awareness) that can be tracked.
· There will be specific goals for each of the following:
- Account calls: 35 per week
- New distribution: 3 accounts per week
- Staff trainings: 2 per week
- On-premise drink samplings: 2 per week
- Off-premise sampling: 2 per week
- Distributor engagements: 1 per week
- Local event sponsorships:1 per month
The Balcones Distilling D.R.A.M. reports directly to the Next Level Program Director with a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the Balcones Distillery sales team. They will work seamlessly with the local distributor & Balcones Distilling sales team to ensure flawless execution & brand performance in the trade. This includes participating in all relevant sales meeting & programming/review sessions either at Balcones Distilling or alongside the local distributor.
about Next Level Marketing
Next Level is a Westport, CT based marketing and promotion agency focused on building premium beverage brands.
We have a team of 70 full-time beverage professionals supported by over 100 part-time staff operating nationally in 25 key markets.
Our mission is to help a diverse portfolio of both small and large clients successfully achieve their brand building objectives.
We specialize in the selection, training and management of ambassador teams that execute brand building and volume driving activities for our client brands. Next Level provides a full array of services that includes:
- On And Off-Premise Sampling
- Custom Consumer Research
- National Accounts Consulting
- Training And Education
- New Product Launches
- Secret Shopper Programs
- POS Development And Production
- Drink Strategy And Development
- Sales Presentations
- Competitive Surveys And Analysis
- Multicultural Marketing Programs
- Tracking & Measurement Systems