- Brand Name:Sparkling Ice
- Location: Preston, Washington 98050
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Manufacturer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of Key Accounts - West
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, is looking for an Associate Key Account Manager to partner with Washington and Oregon retailers to build our brand and business. Right in our backyard, this role will partner with regional customers to build out tailored, customized plans for retail growth. This is an amazing opportunity for a team member to grow in the art of key account management, forging strong relationships and set up our retailers and brand for success.
Please note, this field based role can be based out of either Seattle, WA or Portland, OR. Primary regional chains will include, but are not limited to, Bartell’s, Metropolitan Market, PCC, and Whole Foods.
• Build relationships with retail partners, creating growth plans that address their needs and opportunities, driving volume through customized programming.
• Partner with distributors and wholesalers, building relationships at all levels to support sales incentives, establish route rides, assist with sales calls, and keep orders on track.
• Monitor the market and competitors, identifying avenues for growth and recommending adjustments to pricing, products, services, distribution, merchandising equipment, and techniques by evaluating results and competitive trends and developments.
• Collaborate and share with fellow Sales team members to determine, plan, and execute distribution strategies to service retail commitments.
• Provide the most professional and courteous customer service and maintain excellent localized customer relations with customer base.
• Create and monitor broker analytic tools to study the business and identify trends.
• Support key local Marketing events, occasionally executing sampling programs.
• Prepare and deliver presentations on new products to existing customers and distributors, providing product information and tips on sales techniques, distribution, as well as volume driven programs.
• With the Director of Key Accounts – West develop an annual budget, monitoring throughout the year for opportunities for greater efficiency and cost reduction.
• Provide month-end variance reports, accounting for actual vs. budgeted expenses.
• Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate supervisor of any food safety and/or quality issues.
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Reports to: Director of Key Accounts – West
Direct Reports: N/A
• Excellent collaborationskills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High integrity, with the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, responding effectively to inquiries.
• Ability to take initiativeand prioritize tasks, requiring good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Patienceand excellent oral communication skills—maintaining composure, effectiveness, and flexibilityunder pressure.
• Positivity, approaching each situation with optimism and energy.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data and deliver relevant information to enable results drivendecision-making, and achievement of strategic and operational goals.
• Excellent communicator who can express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form. Ability to leverage emotional intelligenceto adapt style, vocabulary, and content to the audience, with effective active listening skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
• Two to five (2-7) years of sales experience in beverage, ideally with a focus on key accounts.
• Experience in delivering a high level of in-store merchandising, including shelf space protection, couponing, display building, and relationship building.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, conducting business travel approximately 40-50% of the time
• Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs. occasionally, as well as to push and pull up to 100 lbs. regularly.
about Talking Rain
Founded in 1987 in Seattle, Washington, Talking Rain Beverage Company is an industry leader when it comes to creating and promoting brands using innovative ingredients and ideas.
Our innovative thinking carries over into the Sparkling Ice® beverage line, as we continue to devote extensive time in research and development to perfect the brand experience. Bold taste and bold refreshment, have made Sparkling Ice flavored water one of the fastest-growing non-alcoholic beverages in the country, and we were recently honored as Beverage World’s 2014 Liquid Refreshment Company of the Year.
Talking Rain has been committed to giving back to the community and partnering with cause related organizations since we first opened our doors in 1987 – supporting hundreds of nonprofits across the country.