- Location: San Francisco, California 94107
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Brand Manager
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Assistant Brand Manager is a full-time, exempt position focused on building the Premium Spirits Emerging Category brands including: King’s Ginger, English Harbour Rum and Karlsson’s Gold Vodka and Senior Curacao.
The Assistant Brand Manager reports directly to the Brand Manager of the Premium Spirits Portfolio. This person will also work closely with the marketing team, the global supplier contacts and the national sales team.
The successful person in this role will be an entrepreneurial marketer with a roll-up-the-sleeves spirit and passion for the beverage industry. S/he needs the ability to manage through people, create more with less and gravitates towards experiential and grassroots marketing more than traditional big-budget marketing and above-the line communication.
The Assistant Brand Manager will assist the Brand Manager with the implementation and execution of special brand promotions and related projects, provide admin and project coordination assistance, and contribute to the development and execution of annual brand plans.
Marketing & Supplier Relations Support
- Tactical brand Plan Activation: Assist with the implementation and execution of the brands long-term strategic and annual plans.
- Work with Brand Manager to facilitate new item process and setup for suppliers’ brand extensions.
- Manage supplier trade visit itineraries & Incentive trips
- Compile & submit monthly Diver reports/commentary to each supplier.
- Collaborate with sales department to prepare regular updates and reports on brand performance & plan activation
- Provide clear executional direction to sales organization and external stakeholders
- Field general customer inquiries relating to the Premium Spirits Category.
- Assist with brand budgeting and invoice coding and processing.
- Opportunity to manage 3-4 emerging brands within the portfolio.
- Execute appropriate events for each brand including education programs, bartending contests, cocktail festivals, sampling, staff trainings, experiential marketing programs, features and incentives aimed at creating brand awareness and encouraging consumer advocacy through meaningful/ memorable experiences.
- For events, manage external and internal staffing of events, creating event tools and POS, managing product and all bar needs, and completing event recaps.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for the US market; develop relationships with bartending community; gatekeepers and local market influencers.
- Develop feedback loops to incorporate input from Stakeholders into the brand management process
- Collaborate with appropriate agencies to execute the brand plan. This includes sending assets to writers & fact check as needed, manage media mailers & samples, coordinate staff & press/trade trips to suppliers, submitted products for competitions.
- Work with the Social Media agencies to execute the Premium Spirits brand’s social media strategy and create relevant and meaningful content.
- Update Premium Spirits Category brands on website as necessary: awards, cocktails, product info, etc.
- Work with Trade Marketing Manager and local market teams to develop marketing tools, educational presentations, meaningful content, update brand guidelines.
- Assist in the creation of POS for brands as needed. Manage Premium Spirits POS TOOL and sample area in SF warehouse.
- Work with Brand Manager to communicate & distribute POS to the sales team as needed.
- Participate in and/or selectively lead other assigned projects important for brand or portfolio development.
Education, Experience & Attitude:
- A Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business and/or Marketing.
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience. Alcohol beverages and CPG experience a must.
- Strong alignment to company culture and values. Positive mindset and personality fit with the ADC team is key.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able vet out solutions working cross-functionally and incorporate learnings into process
- Self-starter with high tolerance for multi-tasking, flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced executional environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, timelines, budgets and stakeholders. Must be proactive with great time management and attention to detail
- Experience in analyzing brand performance with solid understanding of key metrics.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Working knowledge of Nielsen/IRI Data and Diver Experience a plus
- Broad time commitment including some nights. Travel up to 20-30% of the time and may be on short notice.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical and dental paid at 85%, vision paid 80%, separate vacation, and sick accrual banks, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefit, company holidays, personal holiday, life insurance and long-term disability benefit and a 401k plan with employer contribution of 3%.
about Anchor Distilling Company
Based in San Francisco, Anchor Distilling Company (ADC) is a craft distiller and importer of the finest collection of premium niche spirits from around the world. Our products are from multigenerational, family-owned companies, sought after by enthusiasts and connoisseurs for their superior artisanal qualities. Anchor Distilling Company aims to provide the bridge between discerning buyers and the world’s finest spirits.