- Location: Albany, New York 12202
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Vehicle Allowance
The Area Sales Manager (Upstate NY) is responsible for executing the Company’s sales goals at the “street account level”. This position works closely with our distributor partners; calling on key accounts and analyzing distributor sales, pricing, and inventory reports. This candidate must live within the Upstate New York Area.
A high performing Area Sales Manager will:
1. Build a productive relationship with your assigned distributor sales team and its management. The relationship should be built on mutual respect and characterized by outstanding follow-up on both sides.
2. Leverage your assigned Distributor Sales Team to execute GWP programming to achieve depletion and distribution goals:
a. Work in the field a minimum of 3-4 days a week in the field allocating the time between distributor work-withes and individual account calls.
b. Dedicate 1-day a week for administration and presenting at Friday distributor team meetings, presenting current focus brand programming and analyzing progress against goals throughout the month.
c. Conduct Brand Training as needed.
d. Complete and review progress against monthly focus programs and FYTD vs. goal to distributor sales team and Region Manager.
3. Analyze your business to find opportunities. What we can do to improve their business and achieve depletion and distribution goals?
a. Analyze your assigned distributor sales team’s performance and identify the gaps/opportunities: wine lists, BTGs, voids and national account opportunities.
b. When Trade Pulse closes each month, review each of the top on/off premise accounts. Check for distribution losses and address as opportunities. Work with our wholesaler partners or on own to develop relationships with these accounts.
4. Pricing/Inventory: Ensure pricing/inventory aligns with our go-to-market strategy. If gaps exist, communicate them to the Region Manager. Work closely with the Region Manager to gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of distributor pricing/inventory. Do not use price as a primary selling topic.
5. Work through the distributor. Communicate account objectives to your assigned distributor managers and representatives and manage them effectively to achieve objectives. Effectively communicate opportunities to the distributor and hold them accountable.
6. Build strong relationships/rapport with customers and distributor partners.
a. Make a personal connection.
b. Learn which reps are the best and what you can learn from them and what they can do for you.
c. Exhibit rapid follow-up with your commitments.
d. Visit the store in off hours when other reps don’t.
e. Over deliver on their expectations for suppliers.
f. Participate in distributor planning and business reviews conducted by your Region Manager.
g. Build solid relationships so that when there is an opportunity to grow business, distributor partners and customers think of GWP first.
7. Make professional sales presentations.
a. Seek to understand what customers are trying to achieve and help them achieve their goals...be a sales consultant.
b. Explain features and benefits; use active listening and assumptive selling to maximize your closing ratio.
8. Execute in accounts.
a. Call on approximately 8-10 accounts per day (a total of 100 accounts)
b. Incorporate your top 30 OP and Top 30 Retail accounts into this rotation, create your list.
c. Open up new accounts for both the distributor and GWP.
d. Achieve and maintain minimum of one wine in each category on wine lists and retail accounts.
e. Maintain POS and shelf-talkers to educate customers and consumers.
f. Communicate opportunities to your distributor and Regional Manager and ensure distributor follow through.
9. Implement Strategic-National Account Programming:
a. Ensure all nationally approved programs are implemented within your assigned distributor sales team.
b. This includes account level training to be conducted by you or one or one of the distributor Sales Reps.
c. Communicate placement is executed, inventory in house and training has been conducted to Strategic- National Accounts team,
10. Train. Always be teaching. Follow-up all new placements with brand training for accounts (especially on-premise waitstaff). Taste employees on the wine and teach them the features and benefits.
a. Share information with your distributor and Region Manager daily.
b. Communicate any and all inventory/pricing issues and territory challenges as needed.
c. Recap needs in writing and follow-up constantly.
d. If you need assistance call anyone necessary, but make sure you get the support you need to win.
12. Be Opportunistic.
a. Each year there will be “hot” brands and opportunities that need to be nurtured and aggressively developed above plan and with an eye toward maximum growth potential. Drive those opportunities.
b. Execute on Corporate DM Programs in order to achieve assigned depletion/distribution goals.
a. Be timely to all meetings and events. If you are not able to be on time, communicate to your Regional Manager.
b. Submit T&E reports weekly.
c. Submit to deadlines. If you are unable to meet a time table, communicate with your Regional Manager a date that you can achieve.
* Valid Auto Insurance / Driver License
* Able to lift/Push/Pull 40 lbs
* AA Degree
* Computer literate
* 2 yrs experience in adult beverage sales/distribution management
* Ability/Desire to travel frequently
We appreciate your interest in this position. Due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those applicants that are a match with our requirements.
about Guarachi Wine Partners
Founded by Chilean wine visionary Alex Guarachi in 1985, Guarachi Wine Partners celebrates 30 years of enduring connections with supplier, distributor and retail partners. Guarachi Wine Partners pioneered Chilean and Argentine wines in the US and today is a leading global importer, marketer and innovator of fine wines. Guarachi Wine Partners’ portfolio consists of Aila, Black Ink, Bodega Norton, Brun Estate, Castillo de Monseran, Guarachi Family Wines, Kaiken, King, La Domitienne, Lea, Matias Riccitelli, Montes, Nobilissima, Santa Ema, Surf Swim, tenshən, and Tensley Wines.