- Location: Miami, Florida 33111
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Division Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 10
Area Sales Managers are responsible for meeting or exceeding company sales, marketing, and financial goals by organizing, directing, motivating and developing a team of Field Sales Managers and Sales Representatives and by focusing a significant portion of time in the field, coaching associates and cultivating key accounts.
- Manages team by coaching, performing all evaluations and overseeing performance management plans of Field Sales Managers.
- Ensures adherence to all BBG Work Rules and Corrective Action Policy standards by keeping associates responsible for standards and following the appropriate course of action in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with Human Resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Coaches Field Sales Managers on how to develop Sales Representatives to achieve continual improvement and enhanced results by spending a significant portion of time in the field surveying accounts, observing Field Sales Managers and Sales Representatives during sales calls and providing constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation by maintaining a frequent presence with strategic accounts and establishing relationships with key decision makers; assists Field Sales Managers in the resolution of account level problems and escalates customer challenges to the Division Manager when necessary.
- Manages sales goal process by providing feedback to Division Managers on allocated goals, recommending changes when necessary, reviewing objectives with Field Sales Manager and Sales Representative and coaching team on how to meet objectives.
- Evaluates Field Sales Managers’ performance weekly by analyzing territory level results versus the monthly objectives and conducting individual meetings with each member of the Field Sales Management team as well team meetings to strategize on how to close any gaps.
- As applicable, supports the attainment of divisional financial goals by closely managing expense budgets, promotional budgets, and accounts receivable objectives.
- Follows BBG training policy and procedures by ensuring that the training manual components are completed in a consistent manner by all team members including conducting coaching calls, work-withs, and associate reviews.
- Performs all necessary administrative functions by approving T&Es, invoices, and samples, and validating sales goals and incentives monthly (authentication of achievement).
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required.
- 8 to 10 years industry experience with several years Field Sales Manager experience.
- 3-5 years experience of managing direct reports
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- Thinks outside the box; searches for innovative solutions.
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required. Individuals with strong accounting, computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
about Breakthru Beverage Group
Breakthru Beverage brings experience and innovation to the wholesale beverage business. We are a family-owned company with operations and Affiliates spanning 19 markets. More than $6 billion in annual sales are driven by 7,000 associates. Our portfolio contains the world’s best wine, spirit and beer brands. Breakthru Beverage Group delivers world-renowned brands to the doorsteps of retailers, bars, and restaurant businesses. See our brands Specialties here: http://www.breakthrubev.com/Brands.