- Location: San Francisco, California 94105
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
The On and Off Premise Area Sales Manager will be responsible for the execution of company on-and off- premise strategic initiatives in the Northern California markets. This individual will execute at the field level in on- and off- premise accounts and will require the ability to evaluate, implement and execute such programs within our brand strategies. Additionally, the successful candidate will lead, direct, train and manage local distributor sales teams.
- Managing distributors on a day to day basis, ensuring adherence to our brand policies, distribution objectives are achieved and promotional activity is taking place
- Training distributor sales people, observing competitive market activity and evaluating distributor execution against our initiatives
- Supporting Regional Manager-Direct report
- Meet with key on-and off- premise accounts within assigned area to develop strong working relationships
- Present and leverage our brands for increased volume and assist distributor in attaining our goals and objectives
- Be visible at the distributor office, meeting with sales representatives and management to ensure share of mind
- Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including execution of national initiatives in your local market
- Act as primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs while providing support for all sales related activities
- Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams
- Provide National Account Mandate compliance updates as they are required
- Stay informed of customer and consumer trends
- Maintain calendar of activities and promotions ensuring distributor and third-party agencies have successful communications
- Provide monthly market activity report to Regional Manager, including list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activity, special projects and/or any specific needs
- Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor, including timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes, as well as staffing changes at distributor and competitors
- Review programs and execution updates with distributor management
- Provide feedback on effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives including programs, POS, advertising, etc.
- Special projects such as verifying pricing and or distribution at on-and off- premise accounts
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline
Five (5) plus years’ work related experience in distilled spirits/wine supplier industry
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Analytical skills, in particular gathering data from a wide variety of sources, and presenting it in formats suitable for a wide variety of audiences
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Good managerial and effective presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Emphasis in Management and/or Marketing
- Advanced computer proficiency
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
General Sign-off: This job description may be altered to reflect changes in duties and other duties may be assigned to the incumbent employee. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
about Deep Eddy Vodka (a division of Heaven Hill Brands)Deep Eddy Vodka, a division of Heaven Hill Brands, is a premium spirits company based in Austin, Texas, and is the #1 fastest-growing spirits brand in the US, according to IRI. As a recipient of the Impact Hot Brand Award for two straight years and Beverage Information Group Growth Brand Award each of the past three years, Deep Eddy Vodka is recognized for its unique production process and incorporation of real, natural ingredients in its flavors. All Deep Eddy Vodka products are distilled in small batches at its state-of-the-art Texas distillery. The company's line of products include: Deep Eddy Straight Vodka, Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka, Deep Eddy Ruby Red, Deep Eddy Cranberry, Deep Eddy Lemon and Deep Eddy Peach. Deep Eddy Vodka is available in stores in all 50 states.